happy happy joy joy
The Fetus Whisperer is coming to town!
Don't know why this hasn't been posted b4 now ...
The prez. candidate will be in Wise, Norton & Whitesburg next Wed. Haven't seen times/locations yet.
happy happy joy joy
The Fetus Whisperer is coming to town!
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Here's what I found a while ago -
"He planned to visit a remote health care clinic in Wise".
No mention made of Norton.
Wonder if he'll need a haircut while he's here?
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
Think the hair salons around here are too low brow for him.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
I think we should be very proud that Senator Edwards and also Governor Kaine will be in our area this week. Too often we are passed over for money, etc. because we are forgotten in this area. Any publicity will be good. Also, RAM is a wonderful project for this area. If you have never worked up there or been there you need to go. It is an eye opener and makes you thankful for the support they provide the people in this area.
Its a great idea, but not a perfect one. When you have people pulling up in $25,000 vehicles for the free services, it actually shows you just as much about whats wrong with the area, as the RAM project shows you something that should be right with the world.
Plus, if there is any "publicity" to the event on the national stage, it continues to make this area look backwards.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
My thoughts exactly Stripes.
Good post.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
There is abuse of the system, yes.
Last year I know a lot of folks made assumptions about the type of people there based on the cars in the parking lot.
We cant forget that the doctors, nurses, dentists and many other volunteers have to get to RAM somehow, usually their own vehicles. Also some patients were brought by family members (I worked at RAM a couple of days last year and saw this).
So while we know without a doubt that some abuse it, it's not quite as bad as the assumptions made.
Keep in mind - an "abuser" isn't terribly likely to stand in line for 2 days for dental work (long line in the scorching sun).
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
They are if its free. Thats what an abuser does. Take advantage of any situation. Yes, I realize that not all of the vehicles are for patients in need, but that is why I said people, not everyone. Granted, its not the majority, but it is way too high of a percentage that do that.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks